Time it Out! – An Exhibitors Timeline for Your Next Show
Wondering when you should start planning for your next show? Below we have outlined where you should be in your planning process and what to look forward to in the months to come.
12 Months Out
– Decide on the approach, such as the amount of space needed, type of exhibit, etc.
– Initiate contact with show management
– Reserve Space
– Choose contractors
– Plan budget
– Make hotel/travel reservations (or at least decide where your team will stay)
– Reserve special indoor/outdoor advertising spaces
9 Months Out
– Design the exhibit structure
– Obtain show management approval of exhibit design
6 Months Out
– Launch a promotional campaign through advertising, mailings, etc.
– Confirm travel plans
– Place orders for promotional aids from organizers and with service contractors
3 Months Out
– Follow up on promotional campaign
– Prepare and ship your material
– Finalize structural design
– Schedule appointments during show days with contacts
Four Days Out
– Pack extra copies of shipping documents and show literature
– Fly to show location
Three Days out
– Check progress of installation
– Check with shipping contractor. Confirm delivery of all items.
– Check availability of all supplies
– Finalize all activities and programs
One Day Out
– Make final inspection of booth structure, equipment and supplies
– Distribute promotional materials to direct distributions centers
– Conduct final pre-opening briefing with exhibit staff, interpreters, contractors, etc.
– Go get those leads!